Sunday, June 16, 2013

My feet hate me.

So the past three days have been pretty busy! (Especially the last two) 
Friday we went to the spot where Udara took a picture as a child and took a picture of that picture in the exact spot.  We ran into some pretty cool street performers, they were hip hop dancers.  They got the crowd pretty involved & they are the first (and only so far) street performers I actually listened to enough to pay.  We went to the Jardin du Luxembourg, a nice park and garden and area to sit and relax to enjoy the beautiful day.  Friday night from 6-945 the Louvre is free for people under 25 so we went to the section of the Louvre where I have been before, Denon.  We could have gone somewhere new, but I told Udara she needed to see the Mona Lisa.  Also, it was interesting looking at the paintings again because I have since taken two art history classes.

View of the Louvre from inside
Walk home from Louvre
Saturday we went to Giverny which was our second day trip out of the city (our first visiting family only a little out of the city.)  We went to Claude Monet's home & gardens in Giverny and they were beautiful but I learned that I have some major pollen allergies.  I have never sneezed so much in my life.  When I woke up this morning my eyes were still puffy.  We walked about five miles to get there from the train station in Vernon because instead of taking the bus we decided to walk.  And of course we got lost first...went 30 minutes the wrong way, so we walked 30 more minutes back to where we started.  We are pretty proud of walking though!  And I guess i'm gonna need to get used to it being that I signed up for the Carlsbad half marathon in January.




Today(Sunday) we went to Le Chateau Versailles.  Versailles is amazing!  There is so much to see, we were there for seven hours and didn't see it all.  And me not thinking about being in the sun for seven hours didn't bring sunscreen....I've got a niiiice sunburn now.  We got a full 'passport' to see Marie Antoinette's Chateau which was formerly the family 'summer home', the palace, and we walked through the gardens for a while.  In the late afternoon they turned on all of the fountains for a water show. 

Marie Antoinette's Gardens
Chandelier in the Palace

Inside Marie Antoinette's Chateau
Udara's collage of the day!
Overall i'm glad we got to go on these two day trips, we have gotten some good walking in and our feet are telling us.  We were going to go to Mont St. Michel tomorrow but I can't even think about walking that much another day so we will probably end up doing that when we come back to Paris in July.  We will be doing Disney Paris when we come back too!!! Can't wait for that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment